A BEGINNER’S WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS
PECKFORTON CASTLE – MAY 22-23
£500 – INCLUDING MEALS, REFRESHMENTS AND 5* LUXURY OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION AT THE CASTLE
Have you always dreamed of ditching the 9-5 and becoming a wedding photographer but a lack of confidence is holding you back?
Then join us for our two day comprehensive wedding photography workshop at Cheshire’s prestigious Peckforton castle and we’ll teach you all you need to know to venture into the world of wedding photography. The course will be run by Ken Lanceley (Raw Photography Ltd) and Hayley Blackledge (Hayley Blackledge Photography) who have over 20 years experience in the industry, as well as having shot over 40 weddings at the castle as an official supplier.
This is a unique opportunity to learn, shoot and build your portfolio at one of the UK’s most impressive venues. We will share our invaluable insider knowledge of the business and demonstrate creative tips and tricks to ensure you will have the skills and confidence to become a fearless wedding photographer with images that stand out from the crowd.
These workshops are aimed at people who are familliar with their cameras and some knowledge of photography, but don’t have the confidence to shoot weddings. You will need to own your own DSLR to participate in these workshops.
DAY ONE- IN THE CLASSROOM
We will teach you all aspects of running a wedding photography business and the practicalities of shooting a wedding including…..
- Equipment – what kit we typically use and essentials you will need when starting out
- Structure of a wedding – how a wedding day runs from bridal prep through to first dance
- Lighting situations you may encounter and how to deal with them
- Formal photographs – techniques we use to ensure these run smoothly and efficiently
- How to overcome difficult or challenging situations
- Marketing tips and tricks
- How to secure those bookings
- Defining your style – how to be different and stand out from the crowd
- Post production, workflow and presentation
- Mistakes to avoid when starting out
We’re pretty sure you’ll need a drink after all that learning, so join Kenny and Hayley in the bar for an informal Q&A session
DAY TWO – PRACTICAL SHOOTING AND PORTFOLIO BUILDING
Learn how to shoot a full wedding with a real couple, in and around the grounds of the castle.
- Bridal preparations in one of the castle’s hotel rooms with hair and make up
- Groom preparations
- Learn how to shoot details creatively
- Shoot a mock ceremony in the castle’s Great Hall
- Shoot a mock ceremony in a chapel and learn how to deal with low light
- Bride and groom portraits around the castle’s grounds – we’ll demonstrate how we pose couples and make them feel relaxed in front of a camera
- Learn creative techniques such as OCF, smoke grenades, double exposures, prisms and more!
- How to shoot the first dance and different lighting techniques
By the end of day two you will have lots of epic images to use in your own portfolio!
NEED A HELPING HAND DURING THOSE FIRST STEPS OF SETTING UP YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS?
Then why not add on our mentoring scheme as an extra to the workshop? You’ll receive 5 hours of one-to-one Skype tuition with either Kenny or Hayley, and the chance to come along and shoot with us on a real wedding!
Workshop places are strictly limited to 10 per course, so click below to secure your place! Or join our mailing list if you would like us to keep you posted on our workshops, special offers and any other goodies!